Thursday, February 7, 2008

Can I please speak to you for a minute?

Hi. I need to speak with you.

I've been thinkng about life a lot lately. Trying to decipher the word "friend". Now, the word friend means-"one attached to another by affection or esteem". That's better than any way I could describe the word friends. So, we'll stick with it.


Now, in all of my podering, I've realized that I have a handful of friends. Not a big handful, a small one. There are people in my life that want what's best for me. They care about me. They ask how my life is going. They ask how my boyfriend and little girl are doing. They don't pass judgement too fast when given a situation. They want to be a part of my future. They show that they want a part in my future. And I do all the same for them.

That's what you call a friend. A person who cares.

I also know my fake friends from my real friends. I don't talk to my fake friends, obviously. Nor, do I have them ANYWHERE in my life. What's the point of having someone in your life that you know talks badly of you, makes fun of you, and then shows up in your face to play nicely? I don't quite get the "fake friend" concept. If I think someone's a piece of shit or a person I don't want in my life, I let it be known. I don't know for sure why people sugar coat everything. In Utah, I see that so much. I just wonder if it's different everywhere else.

What I do know for sure is, I've met the man of my dreams. He's my best friend, the love of my life, and the man I was born to spend my life with. He's real, honest, and to the point. He never hurts my feelings or bad mouths me to his friends. His friends and family all think i'm perfect, because he portrays me that way. He's more perfect than I could ever dream of, but sometimes, I don't give him the credit he deserves. I can't wait to spend my life with my best friend ever. We're going to have the sweetest puppies, make beautiful blonde-headed babies, and live our lives happily.

Because we are choosing to live our lives the way we want.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

True that: having but a small handful of true friends is nothing to be ashamed of - it's perfectly normal. I'd much rather have 1 true friend than 20 acquaintances.

Beth said...

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment - I thought I'd do the same.

I can say for definite its no different anywhere else than in Utah - sugar coating is a worldwide epidemic which hinders some people from ditching the negative people in our lives.

I'm lucky that i've only had to do the friend excision once, but I did it big time - I cut out a circle of 6 people because they weren't supportive. Haven't seen any of them since and its definitely for the best.

Hats off to you both for living by your hearts - never stop doing that, its the only way to be truly happy.